Here are some of the ways that the readers of this blog save money and live lighter on this Earth, making every day Earth Day:
- magreen said... I'm pretty sure there isn't a chemical that can't be swapped out for white vinegar ;-)
- ginariffel said... We have a garden in the summer but we are now expanding it this year and I'm learning to preserve our bounty with canning. I have been taking many classes through volunteers of america on gardening, planting trees and a variety of other "homesteading" interests.
- Elizabeth W. said... carpooling to work..
- ladybugsmom said... I make my own laundry detergent which really saves money and helps with my family's sensitive skin
- Fragmentary Green said...The most dramatic change in my life was switching to reusable menstrual products. It's made me so much happier, because my cup works better for me than leaky tampons and smelly plastic pads ever did. Now that I'm off of hbc and my cycle is irregular again, it's been a lifesaver.
- Dusti said... We're working towards becoming modern homesteaders :) I blog about it at www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com <3
- Crysta said... We are blessed to live within walking distance of two of the three schools my children attend. We invest in umbrellas, walking shoes and snow gear instead of filling up the gas tank so often. We save the environment, save money, get excersize every day and promote emotional well-being by spending quality time, usually one on one, with each other on the walks. Earth Day, every day, no matter what the weather!!
- Green Lifestyle Consulting shared a link of a blog post they wrote called: Saving the Planet: One Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie at a Time
- Jessica L. will be starting her first garden this year.