Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mini Quiches

Even though I've been making quiches for many more years than I technically could cook, I'd never made mini-quiches before tonight.  They looked good, but how would my favorite base recipe for quiche translate into these diminutive delights?  As I found out tonight, quite well!

I decided to attempt this culinary feat (okay, it really wasn't that big of deal, but let me bask in my glory anyway, if you would be so kind) for two reasons:  I needed a quick and easy breakfast to go in the morning, yet I love quiche leftovers for breakfast and the kids only like quiche half the time, but they can never resist the power of cuteness inherent in things baked in muffin tins.

Can you blame them?
Mini Quiches
pie crust for 9-inch pie (my favorite crust recipe can be found here, but you can use whatever you'd like)
filling for quiche, either spinach feta, broccoli cheddar, or quiche lorraine

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Roll out pie crust and cut into muffin tin sized circles (I used a large biscuit cutter, but you could also eyeball it).  Press pie crust circles into ungreased muffin tins.  Spoon filling into each mini-quiche, filling no more than 2/3 full since it will poof when baked.  Bake for 25-35 minutes or until set through and starting to brown on top.  Can be served warm or cold. 

This post can be found on Frugal Ways, Sustainable Ways #14

1 comment: