Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hippie Hopes Help

Part of being thrifty for me is taking into consideration what sort of company I support when I actually do spend money, whether it be on necessities like food or a rare splurge on something fun for myself or a gift for someone else.  I don't spend nearly as much as the average person, so when I do, I take my "voting with my dollars" seriously.  That's why when I find a company like Hippie Hopes, I get happy (see what I did there with the alliteration?  I like alliteration.  It's fun.).  They have tons of cute stuff, from jewelry to door beads to henna kits to a few adorable clothing items and, as it says on the "about us" (yeah, I totally stole this, but I have a feeling they won't mind):

We are two individuals who want to give something back. Imagine a world where there is no hunger, where every child gets the nutrition they need to lead a healthy and promising life. We believe that the hippies had the right idea, that promoting success for our future generations to come is critical.

World hunger is on the rise, too many people are dying from starvation and malnourishment and not enough are given an opportunity to grow, develop, and live their life to its fullest potential. Hippies Hope Shop was created with the idea in mind that in order to make a positive change in the world, we need to raise awareness about problems that may have an impact on our generations to come.

Our goal is simple: we aspire to feed the poor. We understand that a good foundation in the early years of life help children develop into successful and healthy beings. We realize that in order to give the next generation a better start, we need to not be blind to human potential.

Each item sold on our website provides a meal for someone in need through UNICEF, America's non-profit and non-governmental organization. We hope that by doing this we can inspire others to act as well. We may not be able to change the entire world, but we at least have the power to change a life or circumstance somehow. We look forward to the day where all children worldwide get the nutrition they need.

Along with improving children’s lives, we believe that unless we look for alternative ways to use our resources we are headed towards an environmental calamity. Our commitment to going green extends beyond our own company and the customers we serve. Our focus on being green stems from the idea that unless we look for alternative eco-friendly ways to ship, we're headed for an environmental calamity. In addition, we believe that promoting green energy by shipping green helps to promote a more eco-friendly consciousness through the web. We truly care about the environment and ship all our products using the green shipping company Verde.

Overall, we hope that by spreading awareness about child hunger and eco-conscious living we can make a positive change in this lifetime and many lifetimes to come. We don’t have to wear paisley scarves, smoke weed or drive combi’s, we just need to help promote better lives for those around us, not just ourselves.
As someone that has missed more meals than I care to think about in the past because I couldn't afford to feed me and my family (don't worry, they never missed meals.  Just I did.), this is a cause that hits particularly close to home.  And the idea of using their business to promote their cause is definitely a business model I can support!  

From the website.  You can't beat a deal like THAT!

Not only does this admirable company do something about their "hippie hopes", they also have this page on their website that you can share your "hippie hopes."  So now I ask you, what is your hippie hope and, more importantly, what are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment