Monday, January 9, 2012

Meal Plan Monday--January 9-15

Is it spring yet?  That's bad when I'm already in a major winter slump this early in the season.  There are still at least four months until I can go outside and play a lot again.  It isn't even snow covered right now, so that isn't the cause of the slump; it's just the lack of sunlight and cold.  Blah.  I guess I'll just keep taking my Vitamin D and hang out near the plant light as much as possible and plug along as best as I can.

Because of this slump, and because the lack of money for groceries, we ended up having two unscheduled leftover nights last week, to make sure everything is getting eaten up, so a couple of the scheduled meals from last week got bumped into this week.  I picked up beverages for the next week or so and a couple things we had left on WIC (bread, cheese, peanut butter) the other day for our "grocery" trip and now I have a whopping $0.16 left on the food stamp card to last us until the 21st.  Yay.  Fortunately, my freezer and pantry was well stocked by the summer and fall work in the garden and killing sprees (my helping relatives harvest chickens before winter and my husband's hunting), so we'll still eat well.  Here are the dinners I have planned for this week:

Monday: cheese enchiladas
Tuesday: venison stroganoff on rice, green beans, canned peaches

Wednesday: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn

Thursday: steak, potatoes au gratin, broccoli

Friday: chicken, lemon, rice soup with fresh, homemade artisan bread

Saturday: baked chicken, baked sweet potatoes, green beans

Sunday: venison stew

In that whole list, there really aren't a lot of things that came from the store!  Cheese, tortillas, sour cream, flour, lemon juice, rice, milk, yeast, sweet potatoes...that's about it.  Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment