Monday, September 19, 2011

Easy Toast Pizza--dinner the kids can get themselves (almost)

With my brave and mighty hunter husband off for the day to get us some meat (which he did!  Yay!), I didn't really feel like making a big meal for me and the kids.  As a matter of fact, after spending most of the day cleaning house, I didn't much feel like cooking at all!  A lot of families would dart out for some fast food or order something in, but not us!  Instead, the kids got to have one of their favorites:  pizza they made themselves!

Like I said, I didn't feel like cooking, so I didn't make actual pizza crusts for their pizzas.  Toast works fine.  Toasted English muffins or plain bagels would work as well, but we didn't have any of those, so regular toasted bread it was.  The adult in charge just needs to preheat the oven to 350, toast the bread or other "crust", and set out the pizza fixings.  The kids can then spoon on a little sauce, maybe sprinkle on some oregano, basil, and garlic powder if the sauce is unseasoned like mine, and top with shredded mozzarella and any other pizza toppings they'd like while the "crusts" rest on the cookie sheet they'll be baked on.  When they are done, stick the pizzas in the oven for 8-10 minutes.  That's it!  Easy-peasy, fun enough to be a party idea, and cheap to boot!

1 comment:

  1. We've done these. :) We also sometimes get Boboli crusts at the discount store for a buck a bag, and we let the kids make their own with that. I love our bump and dent store!

    ReplyDelete