Friday, February 3, 2012

A Baker's Dozen of My Favorite Posts From My First Year of Blogging

Earlier today, in recognition of my one year blogiversary, I posted the top 10 posts of the year as determined by page views, but I noticed none of my favorite posts made that list!  (Okay, the video of the TPH was pretty cool, but other than that...) I don't know if that is because so many of them were early on, before I had many readers, or if they just weren't shared enough or what, but here they are, for your reading pleasure, edumacation, and enlightenment...or something.
Baby Stuff Overload: What on earth do babies need with all that stuff?

How to Stretch a Chicken (Part 1): In which I share how to make a whole chicken last 3-5 meals, plus give you several quarts of free chicken stock

Homemade Lip Balm: This stuff is soooooo nice on the lips!

Brakes and Bread:  Time is money and some of us have more time than money!

The Amazing Power of Baking Soda: My favorite 15 ways to use baking soda.


Preparedness 101--Surviving the first 72 hours: The time to get ready is not when an emergency has already happened!

Soapy Fun: In which I share many of the wonderful uses of Dr. Bronner's, including homemade laundry detergent that doesn't require shredding soap!

The Best $10 I Never Spent: A small idea to use $10 to save the world.

Homeschooling is Cheaper Than That "Free" Public School: If you're sending your kids to school because you think you can't afford to homeschool, think again.

Gardening in Small Spaces: I love the variety of ideas in this post, including my creative gardening solutions from before we lived here and the balcony garden of a friend.  (People on Pinterest will probably want to pin some of these!)

Before and During Pictures: What this place looked like before I started gardening on it and what it looked like at its peak (a level that will unlikely be obtained again this year because of that stupid driveway!)

My Top 10 Reasons to Garden with the Kids: Need I say more? (warning: extreme cuteness in this post!)

"I Can't Afford to Eat Healthy":  Um, I respectfully disagree and am willing to help make sure you can!




No comments:

Post a Comment