Monday, April 18, 2011

My Meal Master List

By request, this week's Meatless Monday post has been postponed, probably until next week, since Meatless Tuesday just sounds weird.  Instead, I have been asked to share my Meal Master List, since that is the basis from which I make my meal plans and ultimately one half of the secret to super cheap eating (the other half of the secret is growing it or making it yourself).  Don't fret though:  if you are depending on my Meatless Monday posts for meatless ideas, there are still meatless meal ideas here!

The Meal Master List is an ever evolving document, as I decide I don't like certain things anymore, or I introduce new recipes to my repertoire.  Right now, I'm actually undergoing a sort of shift of what I'm including in my Master List, so this may be a shorter list than usual, but I'm adding new recipes all the time and plan on posting them here as I discover new treasures.  Recipes that I've already posted include links to that recipe and I'll try to keep that updated in the future, so you may want to bookmark this post!

As of today, April 18, 2011, this is my Master List (note: if vegetables aren't part of the entree listed, I serve them with whatever veggies I have on hand that sound good.  ALL meals include at least one vegetable in my house!):

cheese enchiladas
Vegetarian
cheese enchiladas
black beans & rice
fettichini alfredo
cheese lasagna
spinach & feta quiche
broccoli & cheddar quiche
vegetable lasagna
ratatouille on rice
veggie stew w/dumplings
grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
pizza
baked macaroni and cheese
corn & potato chowder
cheese quesadillas

Chicken/turkey
baked chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans
roast chicken, potatoes, and carrots
chicken stew w/dumplings
Chicken stew w/dumplings
jambalaya
chicken fried rice
breaded chicken & potatoes au gratin
chicken teriyaki
chicken fajitas
chicken and asparagus stir-fry
baked chicken on rice
chili rice w/chicken
chicken egg rolls
foil-wrapped dinner
broccoli, cheddar, potato, and chicken soup
chicken, broccoli, and cheese casserole
chicken pot pie
"chickenherder's" pie

tuna casserole
Seafood
shrimp scampi & linguine
tuna melt
fried tilapia
tuna melts
tuna casserole
cold tuna pasta salad

Ground meat

tacos
Mexican egg rolls
soft taco casserole
meatball stroganoff
salisbury meatballs
meatballs & spaghetti
meatballs in brown gravy with mashed potatoes
shipwreck
baked goulash
"beef" pie
chili pie
lasagna roll-ups
meat lasagna
meatloaf
shipwreck
stuffed peppers
zucchini casserole
nachos
chili
sloppy joes

quiche lorraine
Pork-like products
quiche lorraine
potato, ham, and cheese casserole






If there is anything on this list that looks particularly good to you, but it doesn't have a link to a recipe, please let me know, either in the comments here or on my Facebook page, and I'll make an effort to get that recipe posted as soon as I can!  Bon appétit!

1 comment: