Friday, April 8, 2011

Triple Chocolate Cookies

These are my absolutely favorite cookies!  They can be made a bit cheaper by just making them chocolate chocolate chip cookies, but I like the contrasting flavor of the white chocolate chips, so it is worth it for a little extra to make this treat extra special!  You could also make them a tad cheaper and a whole lot junkier by just using all-purpose flour instead of a 50/50 combo of all-purpose and whole wheat flours.  You may want to stock up on chocolate chips and cocoa powder soon though.  I heard on the news the other day that the price of all cocoa based products is expected to jump about 10% after Easter!

Triple Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  In a small bowl, combine flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  Stir the dry mixture into the butter mixture until well blended.  Mix in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just set.  Cool slightly on the cookie sheets or baking stones before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm-m...yummy. I can't wait to try them...perhaps this weekend. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate chip cookies with a little whole wheat flour, gives them such a nice flavor. Interesting that you say All Purpose Flour is cheaper where you live. They are exactly the same price here, I am glad.
    Your cookies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love triple chocolate anything! Yum.

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/07/jelly-bean-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these. Holy cow they are delicious!! Thanks for sharing =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have posted the recipe if they weren't delicious! Glad to see you enjoyed them though.

    ReplyDelete