Friday, April 1, 2011

Brownies

I tried to think of a clever April Fool's post, but I'm terrible at April Fool's shenanigans so I couldn't come up with something.  I guess the joke is on me, because while I was trying to come up with something April Foolsy to write, my husband and kids ate all the brownies I made!  I guess I'll just share that recipe with you so maybe someone else will make me some more.  *sigh*

On another note, if you substitute the cocoa powder in this recipe for some carob powder, these brownies become a very yummy remedy for diarrhea--no joke!  If you are going to use it as a diarrhea remedy, you'll want to skip the glass of milk you might otherwise drink with it, since dairy can further irritate the intestines.
This time I made it with a combination of white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips

Brownies

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt the butter in a large saucepan.  Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients in the order given.  Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.  Bake for 30 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, what a double chocolate delight. I'll take some of that. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog that opens up later today and I'd like to invite you to stop by sometime and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted a home remedy with this recipe. ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, done! Thanks for the invitation!

    Amber, glad to help, although I did debate briefly on the wisdom of mentioning something so unpleasant in an otherwise yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be interested to know that milk is a binder, though, so it can ease diarrhea- but it's horrid for constipation!

    ReplyDelete