Monday, October 31, 2011

Meal Plan Monday--October 31-November 6

We did a better job of sticking to the meal plan this week, with the only deviation being having pasties again on Friday and bumping the quiche that was supposed to be for Friday's dinner on Sunday, leaving egg rolls displaced for the week.

I'm going to put pasties back on the menu this week, using up our current freezer supply because of Halloween today.  I'm not sure yet whether we'll eat before or after taking the kids trick-or-treating, but either way it's easy preparation and warming root vegetables will be perfect for the day.  Here's the rest of the week's menu plan:

Monday: pasties
Tuesday: chicken egg rolls
Wednesday: venison hobo packets

Thursday: breakfast for dinner (pancakes with maple syrup, venison sausage, applesauce)

Friday: meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas
Saturday: I'm going to assume that, since A) it is my birthday, and B) I'll be visiting relatives for at least part of the day, that I won't have to make dinner.  If I'm wrong on that assumption, we'll have something that requires virtually no effort on my part, like grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup or leftovers out of the freezer.

Sunday:  chili

If you notice, again, there is no need for a cleaning out the refrigerator night.  That is because Monday is leftovers from the freezer, Tuesday is something that freezes well, Wednesday is something made in individual portion sizes so there shouldn't be any leftovers there, and the pancakes from Thursday and meatballs from Friday will also be made in huge batches for freezing so I don't have make more from scratch again for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment