Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No May Flowers Yet!--a Trailer Park Homestead Update

They keep using that pesky "f" word in the weather forecast.  That's right--they keep mentioning frost, so a lot of my plants are still stuck inside.  They said on the news just now that we'll be continuing to see frost "on again, off again, for the next couple of weeks."  *sigh* 

Here's the weekly photo roundup of what is growing on the Trailer Park Homestead, frost and all:
I'm amassing a small army of vining plants on my kitchen counter area, growing in eggshells and toilet paper tubes (more on that later this week, I think).  There are watermelons, cantaloupes, zucchini, pumpkin, cucumbers, and blue hubbard squash all mixed together in this area.
The three varieties of tomatoes that I started with are all doing great...except when I forget to water them!
The cold set tomato plant that my toddler ripped apart last week has started growing roots!  There is hope it can be saved!
Some of the ground cherries (foreground) haven't fared too well, between bad watering and toddler "experimentation".  The peppers (background) seem to be looking good though!
I've started gravedigging in the yard.  Not really, of course, but it sure looks like it!  I was hoping to get a "grave" done a day, but that hasn't really be happening, so maybe the whole continuing frost isn't all a bad thing since it will give me a chance to catch up!
I put in two more little "camouflage" of normal flower beds down by the road to cover my attack on the lawn.
The peas are taking off all over the place that I have them planted.  Won't be too long until I need to start training them to go up the rails.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of hard work I see.
    We are hoping to at east till our garden area in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete