Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dressing Up

Cranberry walnut salad
 Ever since Michael Nolan posted his salad dressing recipe on this blog as a guest post last month, I'd been looking for an excuse to try it.  It felt kind of weird having a post on here that I'd never had!  I can now vouch for its goodliness (you know one of the things I love about having my own blog?  I can make up words whenever I want, and no one can stop me!  MUHAHAHA!).  The blog post was titled "Double Duty Salad Dressing in a Flash", so it seemed fitting that I try it out a couple ways before sharing. 

The first thing I tried it on was a chicken spinach wrap.  I used some of the chicken leftover from my husband's grilling on Memorial Day, so it had a wonderful smoky flavor to it.  I simply piled spinach from the garden and cut up chicken on a tortilla, dribbled some of the salad dressing on it, wrapped it up and gobbled it up!  It would have been good with mozzarella on it too, I bet, but I didn't have any and didn't feel like making fresh mozzarella for what otherwise was an extremely simple meal.

The second salad dressing adventure was super simple as well.  I made a salad from the mixed baby lettuces in my garden, dried cranberries and walnuts from the farmers market, and the magic dressing.  Oh my goodness, that was good!  I seriously considered braving the thunderstorm that was going on to pick more lettuce to have seconds.  The combination of sweet cranberries, spicyish salad dressing, and crunchy nuts was a-maz-ing!  Maybe I'll have that again for lunch today!  I certainly still have plenty of lettuce!

No comments:

Post a Comment