Monday, October 24, 2011

Meal Plan Monday--October 24-30


We stuck to the meal plan from last week pretty well, until Thursday, when the power went out, so I couldn't make baked chicken on rice like planned, then we unexpectedly went to my husband's mom's house for dinner on Friday, and I was too tired to cook Saturday after not getting enough sleep Friday night so our clean out the fridge night got bumped up to that day.  Sunday, we needed a fairly quick dinner after coming home from spending the day at the zoo for their Halloween event, so I used the chicken I'd thawed for Thursday's dinner (which needed to be used up by this point anyway) for some barbeque chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn.  So basically, last week's meal plan was almost a complete fail!

Here's this week's "plan."  Maybe I'll do better this week!

Monday:  lake white fish (haven't decided how I'm going to prepare it yet, but picked it up at the farmers market this weekend so I need to use it or freeze it pretty soon), brussel sprouts (from the broccoli lady), and baked potatoes

Tuesday: cheese enchiladas & spinach salad, fresh from the garden

Wednesday: venison pasties (and, yes, I was planning on having this before my mom posted her pasties recipe on her blog the other day)




Thursday:  baked macaroni and cheese with sauteed green beans
Friday: spinach feta quiche (we were supposed to eat last week, but didn't get around to it) and tomato slices (a treat that is about to get a lot rarer for quite some time, since I anticipate a freeze will have killed off the garden by then)

Saturday: venison butterfly steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots

Sunday: chicken egg rolls
If you notice, there is no cleaning out fridge night this week.  That is because A) when I'd most likely have such a night, on the weekend, my mother-in-law will be visiting for a few days and she almost never gets to eat real food, since she eats almost entirely processed food at home so I thought it would be nice to make tasty food she enjoys while she's here, and B) I'm not going to make more than we'll eat of Monday's fish, etc, since I don't have a lot of it, since the fish was quite expensive and we only have enough brussel sprouts to try them for one meal, since I told the broccoli lady the kids and I have never had them; cheese enchiladas, pasties, and egg rolls all freeze exceptionally well for later reheating in the oven for future meals; the mac & cheese makes great individual frozen meals for my husband's lunches at work; and I like to eat leftover quiche for breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment